Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Viva la Verve weeks 2 and 3

Good afternoon everyone! Hope your Tuesday
is going well! I thought I'd share two cards this afternoon...
I made these two cards using Verve sketches.

Here's my card using Week 2:


Supplies:
Echo Park and Paper Studio paper
Verve stamp, MFT jellybean green ink
Nesties lacey circles die, MFT layered rose die


Now for my card using the Week 3 sketch I am also entering
it into this months Diva Dare over at the Verve Blog.

Here's the challenge:

This month's dare pays tribute to Diva Jen (Deconstructing Jen) who is an amazing colorist and Diva Janelle (Rain Puddles Design) who often uses paint on her cards and is a wonderful mixed media artist.  So what we're daring you to create this month is a card using coloring and/or painting.  If you want to kick the dare up a notch, you can add kraft card stock to the mix (Jen's specialty) and/or make a mixed media card (Janelle's specialty).

For my card I used kraft cardstock as my card base
and did some splatter painting with some red,
white and blue paint I had on hand.


Supplies:
Freebie digi stamp
red, white, blue arcylic paint
A Cut Above by Verve star border die


Original Sketches:

  


3 comments:

  1. Yoru splatter background is wonderfully done and what a fun image you used to go with it. Thanks so much for joining us for this months Dare! Love the ruler paper you used on the first card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable, luv both of these, great spritzing...so glad you took the Verve Diva Date!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the sketches on these cards! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete