Saturday, September 14, 2013

New fun project: Memo notebook covers!

I was searching Pinterest the other day looking for some cool ways 
to cover journals. Then I came across this little project on
book-like covers for jr. legal pads by a fellow Close To My Heart consultant. 
When I realized how inexpensive the project would be I decided to give it a go!

First one:




Second one:




Annette's directions can be found here:

I will note that she tells you to embellish at the end but if you are going to 
put some paper strips on the front like I did or ribbon like she did,
you need to do that BEFORE you put the paper lining
on the inside so you can cover up the ends of the paper or ribbon.

Also I mod-podged my entire book! The only thing that isn't
mod-podged is the little triangle pocket. I will also note if you 
are going to mod-podge that you mod-podge the entire piece of
paper on the matboard covers. She just glues the covers down. I did
that on my first book and after I went over it with mod-podge at
the end the cover started to bubble up because it wasn't
stuck down at all...

Supplies:

Matboard - I got an 11x14 Value Pack of 35 at HobLob for $6
Sticky-back canvas 5 pack- Ranger brand, $9 also HobLob by scrapbook stuff
Mod podge matte finish - any craft store $5ish
Paper I used was Fancy Pants
'Notes' stamped with the Alpha set in CTMH's September special
flowers from $1 bin at Michaels
leaves are from a Sizzix leaves die set

Cutting sizes:

Matboard: 2 pieces 5.5 x 8.5 each
Cover paper: 2 pieces 6 x 10 each
Inside lining paper: 8.25 x 11.25
pocket paper: 5 x 5 diagonal 
notepad top piece: 2 x 5


No comments:

Post a Comment